Ministério dos Recursos Minerais e Energia de Moçambique – MIREME
- The main objective of the work was to provide MIREME with a greenhouse gas (GHG) emission flowchart on energy production and consumption, which enables measuring and assessing historical emission levels in Mozambique. The project was divided into five phases:
• Phase 1: Work planning, including the analysis of existing information, a timeline update, the determination of basic elements and the preparation of listings for information collection;
• Phase 2: Collection of basic information on national energy consumption, broken down, whenever possible, by region;
• Phase 3: Preparation of the GHG Inventory for the energy sector and preparation of an emission flowchart;
• Phase 4: Preparation of an emission calculation tool and projection of consumption scenarios and calculation of associated emissions (application);
• Phase 5: MIREME technicians training on data collection, application use and emissions monitoring;
• Phase 6: Preparation of the Final Report.
The work that was carried out provided MIREME with the knowledge and tools that allowed it to proceed with the preparation of emission inventories and the update of the projection of consumption scenarios and related emissions.
- Services provided included six specific activities:
1) Preparing the national inventory of greenhouse gas emissions in the energy sector for the period 2008-2013;
2) Database design and feeding;
3) Creating an application with a graphical interface for modelling scenarios of emission levels in the energy sector;
4) Preparing a flowchart of GHG emissions in the energy sector (production and consumption assessment);
5) Preparing the Final Report;
6) MIREME technicians training.