PMO-RALG (Prime Minister´s Office – Regional Administration and Local Government) (Gabinete do Primeiro Ministro – Adminsitração Regional e Governo Local)
The main objective of this project is to improve the rainwater sewerage network in the Dar es Salaam metropolitan area, with an area of 1,350 km² and a population of 4,000,000 inhabitants, in order to avoid serious flood events that have occurred recently. To achieve this objective, the plan involves the rehabilitation of some parts of the existing infrastructure, the extension of other infrastructure in order to cover a larger area and the cleaning of some of these sections.
The services performed within the scope of this study were:
• Survey and assessment of the existing infrastructure;
• Hydrological and climatological study of the intervention area;
• Establishment of a hydraulic / hydrological model for the intervention area;
• Preparation of the drainage plan and its economic analysis;
• Sizing of the infrastructure to be built / remodelled in the detailed design (channels, sewerage systems, and other surface retention devices required);
• Environmental Impact Study of the solutions to be implemented.